Construction Workforce Taskforce
Construction Workforce Taskforce has been established via state legislation to address the shortage of skilled craftspeople and inspectors training in Florida. The Taskforce will discuss and recommend methods for craft workers and inspectors in the state of Florida.
The Workforce Taskforce specifically aims to:
- Address the critical shortage of individuals trained in building construction and inspection.
- Develop a consensus path for training the next generation of construction workers in the state.
- Determine the causes of the current shortage of a trained construction industry workforce and address the impact of the shortage on the recovery of the real estate market.
- Review current methods and resources available for construction training.
- Review the state of construction training available in K-12 schools.
- Address training issues relating to building code inspectors to increase the number of qualified inspectors.